No one wants yellow smile. A shining set of sparkling white teeth can make anyone more attractive, healthy and younger. Many people in this world avoid smiling in the public place due to the poor color of their teeth. Here are 5 Natural Teeth Whitening Home Remedies that will help you to get rid of yellow teeth.
1. Baking Soda
There is no need to getting shocked. Yes, baking soda is one of the best ingredients that you can use to get rid of yellow teeth. It will help to make your pearly whites shine.
- Add a quarter teaspoon of baking soda with a little toothpaste. Then mix it and brush your teeth with this mixture and rinse with warm water. Use it twice or thrice a week.
- You can combine baking soda with lemon juice, white vinegar, or hydrogen peroxide. And use it two or three times a day.
- Scrub your teeth gently for at least two minutes with diluted baking soda. Do this twice in the first week, and then every 15 days.
It is essential to note that excess use of baking soda can strip your teeth of its natural enamel.
2. Orange Peel
Cleaning your teeth with fresh orange peel on a regular basis will reduce the yellow tinge accumulated on your teeth because it possesses calcium and Vitamin C, which fights against micro-organisms present in the mouth.
- Before going to bed rub orange peel over your teeth every night.
- Do this for a few weeks and you will see the effective results.
You can use dried orange peel powder if fresh orange peel is not available.
Salt is one of the fundamental dental cleansing agent and easily available ingredient at home.
- Instead of using toothpaste, you can use common salt regularly each morning as a tooth powder. Brush your teeth with it regularly.
- You can also mix common salt with baking soda and gently rub it on your teeth.
Be extra careful using salt as it can cause damage to your gums and tooth enamel if used roughly.
Good amount of vitamin C in Strawberris helps you to make your teeth whiter.
- Take few strawberries and Grind it into a paste. Rub this paste on your teeth gently. Use twice a day for a few weeks, the yellow tinge on your teeth will vanish.
- Mix the pulp of one strawberry with one-half teaspoon of baking soda. Use the mixture onto your teeth and let it sit for a few minutes. Rinse out your mouth and brush your teeth with toothpaste to get rid of any residue.
5. Holy Basil (Tulsi)
Holy basil is also a natural home remedy for whitening teeth. It can’t only whiten your teeth, but also provide relief from several gum problems, like bleeding gums. Put some basil leaves in direct sun. When it gets dried, crush them to form a powder. Use it for regular brushing.
Alternatively, take some tulsi leaves; crush them and mix with mustard oil. Apply the paste on teeth. Orange peel powder can also be used in place of mustard oil.