Unwanted hair on the visible areas of the body like hands, feet, face and back can become an embarrassing beauty concern for women. Unwanted hair growth can be due to imbalance of hormones in the body, irregular menstrual cycle, and use of certain medications or due to pregnancy. It affects the perfect look of a person.
However, many latest techniques are available for the removal of unwanted facial hair like waxing, laser hair removal, electrolysis and many more, but these techniques are costly and cause harm to the skin. There are many age old natural home remedies available for the removal of unwanted hair from different parts of the body and these remedies are natural, and have no side effects.
1. Homemade Sugar Wax
Sugar Wax is one of the super easy and amaging home remedies for Facial Hair Removal.
1. Add one tablespoon each of honey and water into two teaspoons of brown or white sugar. Mix them gently.
2. Heat the mixture in a microwave for about half a minute until it bubbles and turns brown. Leave it to cool.
3. Using a spatula or butter knife for waxing, apply it on the areas of body where you want to remove the hair.
4. Place a piece of cloth and waxing strip over the sugar wax and smooth it out in the direction of the hair growth.
5. Finally, rip it off in the opposite direction of hair growth.
6. Repeat as needed.
2. Chickpea Flour
Also known as gram flour or besan, will help to exfoliate your skin to remove dead skin and hair. And also it can help to lighten the color of your skin and facial hair.
1. Take two tablespoons of chickpea flour, one tablespoon of milk cream, 1 and ½ teaspoon of milk, and three-quarter teaspoons of turmeric. Mix them.
2. Apply this thick paste on your face. Leave it on for 25 minutes until it dries.
3. Scrub it off using a a soft cloth dipped in lukewarm water.
4. Repeat this process at least three or four times for a week.
3. Green Gram Flour and Rose Water
The mixture of green gram flour and rose water works as a natural cleanser for sensitive and acne-prone skin.
1. Add 2 tablespoon of green gram flour and 1 and ½ tablespoons of rose water. You can also add one tablespoon of lemon juice as well. Mix them gently.
2. Apply this paste on your face and then leave it for 20-25 minutes before scrubbing it off.
3. Do this three to four times a week and see the result.
Sugaring works as a natural treatment for removing face hair as well as body hair. Unlike waxing, it requires pulling the hair in the direction of the hair growth, which causes less pain and skin irritation.
1. Heat one-quarter cup of water.
2. Then add two cups of granulated sugar and one-quarter cup of lemon juice to it. Heat the paste continousely until bubbles appear.
3. Turn down the heat to low-medium and let it simmer for about 20 minutes until it turns dark amber in color.
4. Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool.
5. Spread the lukewarm mixture on your face in the opposite direction of the hair growth.
6. Take a clean cotton strip and put it over the layer of sugar paste and let it sit for a few minutes.
7. Finally, pull it off quickly in the direction of the hair growth.
5. Spearmint Tea
Excessive production of androgen in the body causes excess hair growth. Spearmint tea can help to regulate hormone levels.
1. Add one teaspoon of dried spearmint into a boil cup of water. If you have fresh spearmint leaves, use five of them.
2. Cover the container and let it steep for about five to 15 minutes.
3. Strain and drink the tea.
4. Use it twice a day.
6. Honey and Lemon Juice
The honey helps to soften the hair due to its hydrating and moisturizing properties and the lemon juice works as a cleansing and exfoliating agent.
1. Add one tablespoon of fresh lemon juice into four tablespoons of honey. Mix them gently.
2. Apply this mixture on your face and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
3. Gently remove the mask with a washcloth soaked in lukewarm water.
4. Do this at least twice or thirce a week for a few months.