A cold is a common diseases that can be caused by different types of viruses. Every year several people suffered with the cold when the climate change. It is a common viral diseases and spread from one person to another.
Some of the signs of a cold are headache, itchy eyes, runny nose, cough, sore throat, body aches and much more.
Sometimes, it leads to other infections like strep throat, bronchitis and pneumonia. So it’s important to treat a cold on time. Many ayuyrvedic treatments offer effective relief from the various signs of a common cold without any side effects.
Garlic is packed with antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties can be very helpful in getting rid of cold signs.
- Take one crushed garlic clove, one teaspoon honey and two teaspoons of lemon juice. Also, add a half a teaspoon cayenne pepper or red chilli powder. Mix it well. Consume it daily until the signs subside.
- Alternatively, Boil 4-5 chopped garlic cloves in a cup of water and add one teaspoon of honey. Mix it well and Drink it two to three times a day.
- You can also eat raw garlic or use a few drops of garlic oil in your food and drinks.
Honey has high amount of nutrients and enzymes that help to kill bacteria and viruses that cause colds. It can be of great help in soothing an irritated throat as well as shortening the lifespan of a cold.
- Take one teaspoon of lemon juice and two teaspoons of honey. Mix it well. Take it every 2-3 hours to get immense relief from cold.
- If you prefer, you can simply take a spoonful of raw honey.
It’s antiviral, expectorant, and anti-inflammatory properties are very helpful in treating common cold. Ginger helps bring down inflammation, clear congestion and support the immune system.
- Eat raw ginger several times a day.
- Alternatively, you can also drink ginger tea. For enhance the effectiveness, add a lemon juice and honey to it.
- You can also make a paste of ginger, cloves and salt and eat one-half teaspoon of it two times a day.
4. Chicken Soup
It has many essential nutrients and vitamins that help treat common cold signs. Its high antioxidant properties in speed up the healing process and boost the immune system.
5. Red Onion
You can get relief from homemade red onion syrup. To make the red onion syrup, you will need red onions and honey or brown sugar.
- Slice two-three red onions horizontally. Put one slice of red onion in a bowl and add raw honey. Repeat the process until the bowl is full.
- Cover the bowl and leave it for 12- 15 hours. When you open the bowl, there will be thick liquid like syrup.
- Drink a spoonful of the syrup several times a day to get rid from sore throats and other signs of a cold.