Everyone get pimples at some point. Some of the factors include hormonal changes in the body, an unhealthy diet, improper skin care and use of harsh cosmetics etc.
The redness of pimples indicates a reaction to bacteria, an inflammatory response as well as skin irritation.
Luckily, there are ways to remedy this. Read on to find out how to reduce pimple redness. Try out these Ayurvedic remedies to reduce pimple redness.
1. Cold Compress
Using a cold compress(Ice) is one of the best ways to reduce pimple redness. The cold temperature helps decrease the flow of blood to the affected area, which in turn minimizes the pimple’s appearance and redness.
Cold compress will also help calm irritated skin. It also shrink the size of the pores to accelerate the healing process.
- Wrap some ice cubes with a clean fabric.
- Place it on the affected area for 1 minute.
- Take a break for 10 minutes, repeat this process again.
- Do it as many times as needed.
Note: Do not apply ice directly on the skin. It can cause frostbite and damage skin cells. OR Avoid putting too much pressure on it.
Cucumber is a known anti-inflammatory and excellent agent that helps reduce swelling and inflammation. It works by restricting the blood vessels in your skin, lessening the redness.
Its cooling effect is also beneficial during pimple outbreaks.
- Cut a cucumber into thin slices.
- Chill the slices in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- Now simply Place a slice over the spot and hold it for few minutes.
- Once it warms up, replace with another cool cucumber slice.
- Do this for 10 -15 minutes at a time.
- Repeat this Ayurvedic remedy several times a day.
Lemon has great anti inflammatory qualities and also natural healing and skin-lightening components that help reduce redness associated with pimples. It also contains citric acid, which helps fight bacteria responsible for pimples and other skin breakouts.
- Soak a cotton ball in freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Press the cotton ball against the affected area for 5 minutes.
- Then, wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat 2 or 3 times a day.
Note: After applying lemon juice, avoid going out in the sun for about an hour.
4. Manuka Honey
Due to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, manuka honey is excellent remedy reducing the redness of a pimple and helping it heal. Plus, it will also keep your skin moisturized and less flaky.
- Dab a little pure manuka honey over the spot.
- Leave it on for 30-40 minutes, then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Do this once daily until the pimple heals completely.
5. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is beneficial for treating a number of skin conditions. One of them is pimple redness, due to its antibacterial, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and healing properties. Aloe Vera has been proven to prevent infections due to its antibacterial properties.
It also accelerates the healing process and prevents further infection.
- Take an aloe vera leaf and extract the gel.
- You can also add a lemon juice into it.
- Apply this gel on the affected area.
- Allow it to dry on its own.
- Clean the area with lukewarm water and pat dry with a soft towel.
- Repeat several times a day until the redness and pain is gone.