Vomting is also known as morning sickness and the biggest discomfort throughout the pregnancy period. It is a normal part of pregnancy especially during the first three months.
The exact cause of vomting is still not known but it is believed that the cause of vomting during pregnancy is rapid hormonal changes in the body . Apart from these, other factors of vomting include certain foods, fatigue, stress, anxiety, sensitive stomach, and vitamin or mineral deficiencies.
Vomiting may occur early in the morning and reduce as the day progresses. For most, the problem resolves after the first trimester, but some may have it longer.
The symptoms can be very unpleasant and can interfere with your daily routine. But you can easily deal with them with simple ayurvedic home remedies.
1. Sip Water
Water is one of the best proven medicine when it comes to vomiting, especially during pregnancy period. Women who drink a glass of water every hour or plenty of water a day have been found to have a lower chance of having morning sicknessor vomting. Also, water helps to keep your body hydrated, which is essential for any pregnant woman and her unborn baby.
- Keep sipping a glass of water in the early morning . Allow some time for your stomach to settle down and then leave your bed. It will help to get rid of vomting.
- Also, drink plenty of water throughout the day. It will help to lift your mood, improve digestion and keep you healthy.
Ginger has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. The anti spasmodic property of ginger helps to remove vomiting and its bad effects. It is one of the best natural ways to deal with vomiting and good for digestive system. It also helps block acidic secretion in the stomach. Ginger can be taken in various ways.
- Suck a small piece of ginger or chew.
- You can also prepare a mixture by adding 5 drops of ginger juice and 1 teaspoon of honey. Consume it slowly when you wake up in the morning.
- Also, prepare ginger tea by boiling 1 teaspoon of grated ginger in 1 cup of water for 10 minutes. Strain, add a little honey and sip it slowly. Drink 1 to 2 cups of hot ginger tea during the morning.
Lemon can also help to deal with vomiting during pregnancy. Its soothing smell has a natural calming effect on the body that can prevent vomiting. It will not only control the occurrence of vomiting, but will also add essential minerals to the body for hydrating.
- Take a fresh lemon and Squeeze it into a glass of water. Add a little honey into it. Drink it every morning to start the day and prevent morning sickness.
- You can even simply smell fresh lemon peels to ease nausea and vomiting symptoms during pregnancy.
4. Mint Leaves
Mint leaves that are used in dishes can help to take care of vomiting issues. The menthol properties present in mint leaves will first of all help to soothe the inner part of the stomach.
- Squeeze some fresh mint leaves into a glass of water and drink it daily in the morning.
- You can simply smell fresh mint leaves. The best results can be easily noticed after sometime.