Although the production of gas is a natural part of the digestive process, many people dread the possibility of passing gas in front of others.
Excess gas in the stomach can be caused by a several things, such as excessive drinking, not chewing your food thoroughly, eating spicy and gas-forming food, too much stress, some kind of bacterial infection, or digestive disorders.
Cinnamon will soothe your stomach and also prevent further formation of gas.
- Take a cup of warm milk and add one-half teaspoon of cinnamon powder in. You can also add some honey. Stir it well. Then drink it.
- Another option – you can make cinnamon tea by mixing one tesspoon of cinnamon powder to a cup of boiling water. Let it for a few minutes for steep. And then drink it.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar, works well in the treatment of indigestion and also help with gas. This remedy will help to soothe the stomach and give you instant relief. You can try regular vinegar, if apple cider vinegar is not available.
- Add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to a cup of warm water.
- Leave the water to cool to room temperature, and then drink it.
Ginger is an effective home remedy for indigestion treatment and is also great for relieving a gas problem.
- Ginger tea can help control the formation of gas in the stomach. Add one tablespoon of ground ginger in water. Boil it for a few minutes. Drink this tea two or three times a day on regular basis.
- Alternatively, add a few drops of ginger essential oil to any kind of base oil. Rub it gently on your stomach.
Buttermilk works as an excellent Ayurvedic remedy to relieve gas and flatulence especially when combined with carom seeds(ajwain) and black salt.
- Add one teaspoon each of carom seeds and black salt in a cup of buttermilk and mix it.
- Drink this solution. You will see the results.
5. Baking Soda and Lemon
One of the best home treatment for gas is the use of lemon and baking soda, which works as an effective antacid.
- Extaxt one glass of lemon juice and add some baking soda to it. This will cause fizzing. Drink this mixture slowly.
- For instant relief from stomach gas, Take a glass of water, add a small amount of baking soda into it and drink it on empty stomach.
Ggarlic helps stimulate the gastric fire due to pungent heating quality present in it and thus offers relief from stomach gas.
- Boil some ground garlic in water for a five minutes, you can also add a small amount of black pepper and cumin seeds in it. Strain it and let it cool. Drink this two or three times a day to see results in a few days.
- You can also try some garlic soup to reduce gas and help with proper digestion. For better results, use fresh garlic.
Peppermint is another one easily available home remedy. It can be used in different ways to treat a gas problem.
- Adding some fresh peppermint leaves to a cup of boiling water to make a tea and letting it steep for a few minutes. Strain it and add some honey. Drink the tea two times a day.
- For quick relief, you can also chew some peppermint leaves.
This is another common kitchen spice that can help you to get relief from indigestion and give you relief from stomach gas.
- You can simply add some roasted cardamom powder to meal before cooking to prevent gas.
- You can also chew cardamom two or three times a day to instant relief from stomach gas.
- You can make a tea by steeping a few pods of cardamom along with a small slice of fresh ginger l in boiling water for few minutes. Drink this tea warm, two times a day.
The next time if you have stomach gas, just try any of these natural remedies for relief. However, if you suffer from this problem on a regular basis, keep a close eye on your diet. And, if needed, see your doctor.