Are you fully passionate about something? Do you like to write? Do you want to generate passive income for yourself and your family?
Starting your own successful blog might be your answer.
Blogs are no longer just for the “professional writer.” They are for the thinker, the designer, the mother, the craftsman, and the teacher.
First of all, Congratulations on making the decision to start a blog! To get started a new successful wordpress blog , you will need to follow things:-
1. Choose a domain name
2. Get hosting for your site
3. Install WordPress Blogging platform
4. Select a theme for your website
1. Choosing a Domain Name:
For setting up a blog, choosing a domain name is probably going to be the tough part. First, you need to think a name for your blog and then figure out if the domain name you want is available or not. We will recommend you to try to get the .com version of your domain name. Why? Well, while there are hundreds of different extensions you can get like .net, .biz, .tv. The .com is still considered the most authoritative.
2. Get hosting for your site:
The next step is to get hosting for your site which is what will get your domain and website on the internet. There are several of hosting services available, Bluehost is one of them, a very reliable, easy host to use and offers excellent customer services. The best part is that you can actually get a FREE domain name from Bluehost when you purchase 1 year of hosting in advance. So, I strongly recommend this.
3. Install WordPress Blogging Platform onto your hosting account:
Bluehost offers a dead simple way to install WordPress. In order to start blogging you will need to install WordPress in a few simple clicks:
1. Once you logged in for Bluehost hosting or other one, you will get an email with a link to your CPANEL. Click on the link to go to your CPANEL. This is the backend dashboard to your hosting account
2. In CPANEL click on the “Mojo Marketplace”. Then click the “One Install” button.
3. Find the WordPress icon under Blogs & click on the Start button to begin the installation.
4. The Next step is to select your newly purchased domain name from the dropdown menu.
5. Next you will click on “Advanced Options” to create a username & password for your website. Make sure that both your username and password you use are secure and unique and for strong security use a combination of uppercase letters, numbers and symbols.
6. Click on “Automatically create a new database for this installation“. This will create a new database where all of your blog posts and images will be hosted.
7. After all of that, click install!
4. Select a WordPress Theme for your blog:
Now, upload a WordPress theme for your blog. There are literally THOUSANDS of themes that you can upload to your blog to make it look like anything you want.
You can also choose themes from the pre-installed themes of wordpress by clicking on “Appearance -> Themes” while logged into your WordPress dashboard. You can select one of those themes, or choose to upload a new theme. Once you have installed the theme, you must click on Activate to make it your main theme.
You have officially set up your blog and ready for your first post.